Image Analyzer is a simple but surprisingly effective utility for the advanced analysis, editing, and optimization of images.
It supports many many formats and it's remarkably easy to use for an imaging software of such sophistication, not to mention it's completely free. In particular, it's very good with handling formats of all conceivable types including support for the new standard JPG 2000 image compression format. Professional designers will probably find the interface way too limited however but for novices its absolutely perfect because it really does not require any prior knowledge. In terms of image editing, the program features options for resizing, cropping and image rotation among several others. There's also simple adjustments like levels of brightness, contrast and saturation available. Other key features include automatic brightness, contrast, gamma and saturation adjustment, a Retinex filter for reducing shadows and increasing local contrast and the all important red eye remover. It also supports most types of scanner, cameras and printers although not all.
“Image Analyzer contains both most image enhancement features found in conventional image editors plus a number of advanced features not even available in professional photo suites.”
- Automatic brightness, contrast, gamma and saturation adjustment.
- Build-in conventional and adaptive filters for noise reduction, edge extraction etc.
- Retouch tools.
- Retinex filter for reducing shadows and increasing local contrast
- Deconvolution for out-of-focus and motion blur compensation (see below)
- Easy red-eye removal.
- User specified filters in spatial and frequency domain.
- Resize, rotate, crop and warping of images.
- Scanner, camera and printer support.
- File format support:
Read/write BMP, ICO, CUR, WMF, EMF, PNG, MNG, GIF, PCX, JPEG and JPEG 2000 images Read CR2, RAS, PNM, PGM, PPM, HIPS and Matlab files.
- Morphological operations.
- Color model conversion: RGB, CMY, HSI, Lab, YCbCr, YIQ and PCA
- Distance, Fourier and discrete cosine transformation.
- Math expression module for creating and transforming images and advanced "pocket" calculator with equation solver.
- Plugin system for adding more specialized features. See below for available plug-ins.
Language Support Pack:
Optional there is also an Language Support Pack available in Danish, Dutch, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese,Russian and can be obtained HERE
“Please feel free to submit your comment”
Win 98/Win Me/Win 2000/
Win NT/Win XP/
You may also like -