ALFTP is an advanced FTP client that has many features and a unique Linux-like appearance.
The program has a nice sitemap system that allows you to create groups for your favorite FTP servers' login details, and it also provides the ability to make a quick connection. In addition, the program allows you to connect to remote SFTP servers by providing their passphrase and their private key file.
The program offers advanced queue management that allows you to pause/stop/start your whole queue or some of its items. Transfer progress is viewable via a progress bar that tells you the status, percent done, total bytes free and transferred, time remaining and transfer speed. Both client and server explorers have a tree-like design resembling that of Microsoft Windows Explorer.
The program offers a wide set of options to facilitate your remote ftp browsing, initiating transfers by means of a single right click on any folder locally or remotely. A very important feature is a built-in FTP server which allows remote users to gain access to any directories of your choice, which allows them to download/upload any files. The built-in FTP server also provides the ability to choose which IP and port it should connect to, it also can be set to be read-only and you can password-protect it as well.
- Transfer files greater than 4 GB.
- Automatically retries failed file transfers.
- SFTP Connection.
- Direct Editing files on FTP servers backs up files when transfers fail.
- ALFTP is a FTP client that includes all the standard FTP features, as well as a simple FTP server.
- The interface layout can be customized to your preference.
- The include (basic) FTP server supports anonymous connection as well as a single user account
- The handy ALFTP Client and Server Explorer lets you browse or drag and drop files just like in Windows Explorer. Transfer queues simplify file management.
- Share files with friends and family in less than 10 seconds with the easiest FTP server. Just turn it on and set a couple preferences.
- Resume broken transfers, Direct Edit files on servers, quickly connect through the Site Map, or send direct FTP commands.
- ALFTP is designed for maximum ease while still offering a full feature set for more advanced users.
- The default interface has a top server and bottom client (your PC) explorer complete with folder tree view for easy navigation.
- The transfer queue lets you keep track of current transfers. More details in the status bar keep you informed about disk size, percent complete, bytes transferred, transfer speed, and estimated transfer time.
“Please feel free to leave your comments or login in to the forum
to discuss your problems”
Win 98/Win Me/Win NT/
Win 2000/Win XP/
You may also like -