SuperEdi is a compact, yet powerful text editor which meets all the requirements of web site developers and programmers.
Features such as syntax highlighting and multiple language suppport makes it stand at par with the best text editors in its category. Powerful extensions can be added to SuperEdi using TextPipe filters or by adding own automation scripts written in JScript, VBScript or Perl. It comes with a sample multi-level clip library, which can be extended with the user's own frequently used text clips.It's well structured tabbed panels facilitate quick navigation between multiple documents and the dockable directory tree helps in locating files quickly without opening the Windows Explorer. This software has an address bar which is an added advantage . SuperEdi has the capability of supporting as many as 24 file formats which makes it one of the best choice when it comes to choosing a text editor . It is available absolutely free of cost and doesn't have any annoying banners for an unregistered version. Built in FTP client adds to the functionality of the software by providing easy uploading to the server.
- HTML document creation, HTML preview.
- Configurable syntax coloring.
- Function list for fast navigation within large documents.
- Find and replace using regular expressions.
- Reusable pairs of search/replace combinations.
- Block selection and editing (delete, cut, copy, paste, undo, redo)
- User defined tools and console output window.
- File types with individual setting for syntax highlighting and editor options.
- Transparent FTP upload and download.
- Scripting interface for JScript, VBScript, PerlScript and HTML dialogs.
- Clip library with macro support.
- Professional text processing through TextPipe filters.
- Multiple codepage support and codepage conversion.
- Unicode UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-7 support (requires Windows NT, 2000 or XP)
- Newline conversion for Unix, DOS and Macintosh files.
- Address bar to display the current file name or URL.
- Fully-functional Explorer tree allowing multiple file selection.
- Document tabs.
- List of open windows with context menu.
- Line numbers in front of each line.
- Goto Line dialog.
- Document properties dialog.
- Sort and shuffle a range of lines.
- Auto completion (shift+space)
- Keyword lookup (F1) in help files (.chm, .hlp, .html, MSDN) or web sites (URL)
- XML and XHTML validation, XSLT transformation.
- Text-to-speech (requires Windows 2000 or XP)
- Opens files from local harddrive, UNC paths, URLs (ftp, http, https, gopher), clipboard, zipped folders and shell namespace extensions.
- Multi-Language interface (currently Dutch, English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek and Chinese)
Win XP/Win 2002/Win 2003/